Monday, December 26, 2011

Memory Lane-Las Tunas

Amazing. Sometimes my great memory kicks me in the ass. Like, when it comes to dates. Sometimes I think about people that used to be important to me and I try to think of their birthday or our anniversary...and then I can't remember. Instead of getting down on myself, it makes me happy because in that moment I recall how I told myself I would never forget such important dates. Then I think of specific dates that I wish I could already forget, and of course, I can't forget. The more I remind myself to forget to forget, the more I remember.

Jax and I visited with Gio tonight and we all talked about relationships. Reminded  me that as of today, I have known Chris for one year. He texted me Merry Christmas early in the day and I did sooooo good...until my drive home. Why did I take Las Tunas home while listening to sad Sia music?! Yeah, your guess is as good as mine. I pass 38 Degrees, Mama Petrillos, Rosemead Blvd. All I can think about is the Christmas I just spend single, our one year of knowing one another and how we shared a lot of memories in the short history of "us" on this street. Crazy how much can happen within 365 days. Each day brings it's own  great gifts. AH HA! That reminds me, I have to write about paying it forward and meeting Carole Cunningham-the owner of the beloved little red quote house off Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment