Friday, January 13, 2012

Bet Your Bottom Dollar

I love phrases like "bet your bottom dollar" or "I bet you dollar to doughnuts" I dunno, these just make me happy and then I feel like googling them to find out the origin. I was hitting up my office quarter suppliers for some change in exchange for some crisp dolla dolla bills and when I opened up my coin purse and saw it. That $1 bill that I've had for years now. It's literally the last dollar I consistently have on me.

When Carlos and I were dating I would randomly ask him for a dollar. No specific reason, we may even had just been home. I guess I would just try and be cute and one time he fell for it. He gave me a dollar out of his pocket and I swore to never use it unless it was an absolute emergency. I have come across many hard weeks. I've still never used it. Weird. Kinda sweet too. Some things we just can't let go of, even if the significance has changed. I took a picture of it with my phone and of course it doesn't want to get through.

On another note, this week has been long. Just ridiculously long and draining. How can so many things happen within a seven day period?! I'm thankful though. I made it through, and so have you because you're reading this.

Big things are happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment