Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Numbers

My sister is obsessed with the number 4. It's the day of our birth, it was her and Glen's anniversary number, etc. I have a hang up with this number as well now. My birthday is March 4 (which by the way is 60 days away! BIG 30!) Chris's birthday is December 4. He asked me to be his girlfriend on April 4 (4/4- he said it signified both of us) Yeah. I love it. Today is January 4, today I am seeing Chris after a few months. I have no expectations. The people I have told are surprised my demeanor is so calm. I have brushed off Denise for so long now so last week I agreed to see her today. I was debating whether or not to let Chris know. We don't communicate at all, and that seems to be working best for us. But, Chris having the big heart that he does, decides to text me Happy/Merry holidays. I was pretty sure he was going to text "Happy New Year" to me, and that he did. At 12:07 to be exact. The flirt texts began, we haven't texted/exchanged words like that since we were together. I decided to throw it out there there I would be in Pico on Wednesday and offered to take him out for a drink to catch up. He agreed. So here we are. I'm at work, my mind is racing, my tummy's in knots. I have to be Robin full force tonight. Things could go one of two ways...or maybe a combo? Number one-we see one another, the spark is still there, we flirt the night away and end up having amazing sex and I spend the night only to wake up and probably not see or talk to him 'til I get the "Happy Birthday" text...in 60 days. Number two- we meet up, I see him. We catch up and are sincerely happy to have had the moment. I see him and I feel at peace, not a longing to be with him in anyway.

Guess we will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment