Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Yeah, he went there.



Yesterday was Valentine's and it actually was a good day. Dinner and drinks with my Boo's. I wanted to have the glory of officially ending it with David so I text him that I wished him well and that I will cut my losses with the sweater and movie I had left behind. Five hours later he text me back asking if he "missed something." Hmm...yea, your chance with me. I basically told him that I want someone in my life that is ready and willing to participate in getting to know one another and not someone that's going to disappear on the weekends. He proceeded to send me a picture of him paint covered hands expressing how hard he's been working with the hotel renovations. Cry me a river. Then, the texts stopped. This evening I get a text from him asking if he could call me. So he did and we spoke for about 20 minutes. We rehashed my passive aggressive text messages and talked about him using his busy work schedule as a crutch. He felt the need to tell me that even though he's been getting messages and winks online that maybe I was onto something when I told him he may just not be ready for anything. He then told me he is seriously thinking about moving back up to San Francisco. It took a lot for me to not laugh or literally call bullshit on his ass. Wow. That's a 34 year old man folks. Oh, I guess this is the part that I should be thankful that he even attempted to get a hold of me. Hmm....as far as I'm concerned, I was done yesterday. But you see, I'm too damn nice.

On a side note, I stumbled across Joanna Newsom on Youtube. I've heard of her before. She plays the harp! Her voice is very ethereal. Very Kate Bush meets Feist.

I'm no good at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment