Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Introspection

It's chilly! I have Tori Amos stuck on the brain. I was listening to Venus and some particular lyrics stuck out, made of you but not enough for you. I love the sound and look of that. I think we all feel that at least once in our lives. That feeling of giving so much that we lose ourselves. Lost in love. When we are in the thick of it it becomes overpowering, overwhelming and alluring. Then it ends, and we're left with resentment.

That's when we have to make the decision to see the truth of the matter. The truth is, you're worth more than that. Selflessness is good to a certain degree, but we should never give ourselves completely. It's not safe, no matter how "right" it feels. A part of me feels disgusted that I've given more than one person this power over me. I have such a strong personality and to think I've allowed that control become me. Ironically, I wouldn't change a thing.

Something is in the air, the mystery has me anxious. I think this one's worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment